Akademie der Bildenden Künste Wien (MA / 2008)
What is your favourite film of all time?
What music are you currently listening to and why?
Which living artists do you most admire and why?
Which deceased artist do you most admire and why?
Which exhibition that you have visited made the greatest impact on you and why?
What is the question you get asked most frequently about your work and how do you answer it?
What / who inspired you to be an artist?
Can you tell us about where you make your art and what if any the significance of this location is?
What do you like most about being an artist?
What is your greatest achievement as an artist to date?
What are your plans for the coming year?
Latest artwork - View all by this artist
Palau Venus 1Size(HxWxD):180x80x3cm£3,400.00
Palau Venus 2Size(HxWxD):160x80x3cm£3,400.00
Palau Venus 6Size(HxWxD):120x150x3cm£3,700.00
The fisherman`s wifeSize(HxWxD):105x125x3cm£3,200.00
Palau Venus DiptychonSize(HxWxD):100x90x3cm£2,700.00
Naomi Devil is working in the art business since 11 years, she is an artist and designer in constant flux, one can`t really put her into a box. Her hunger for change, new goals, knowledge constantly leads her to new territories of art. It is this restlessness that keeps her creative forces constantly moving to raise new questions and to look for unconventional answers. She thinks the future artist has to go back to the roots of polyhistors like Leonardo da Vinci or Dalí who designed furniture and jewels next to painting. Just like for architects and graphic designers every project should be a new challenge that forces the creator to innovate. The world is developing in an amazing tempo, it is not possible for the future artist to get stuck to one thing, he/she has to be able to go beyond the frames of a canas and be in constant flux to be able to keep up with time. Naomi`s goal is not to become famous with something she invented 10-20 years ago, she wants to become famous for the ability of innovation, rethinking, and surprising people with the new.
Naomi Devil has found her artistic identity and has created her own pool of topics at a very early stage of her carrier. Her artistic production manifests itself between deconstruction and reconstruction, decomposition and composition. She has a relaxed, easy-going and flexible personality and is capable of re-interpretation.
Selection of solo shows:
- 2014: Próféta Galéria, Virtaura, Budapest
- 2013: MOYA (Museum of Young Art), Looking back to the future-10 Years Naomi Devil, Vienna
- 2013: VIRTAURA, Kunstverein Köszeg
- 2012: Gallery Szatyor, Deep blue se(a)lf, Budapest
- 2012: Exhibition Hall, Kalocsa
- 2011: Kunsthalle Szombathely, Metaverse art, Szombathely
- 2009: Gallery Artitude, Budapest
- 2008: Museum Postsparkasse, X-ist, Resist, X-cite,Vienna
- 2007: Hungarian Cultural Center, SPACE WARP, Prague
- 2006: Gallery Mucius, DOWNLOAD::MEDIA, Budapest
- 2006: MOYA (Museum of Young Art), Vienna
- 4 solo exhibitions: Naomi Devil, Adam Bota, Jaye, Stylianos Schicho
- 2005: Gallery Art Position,Vienna
- 2005: Gallery Mucius, PINKFERNO, Budapest
Selection of group shows:
- 2013: MOYA, Young Art Hungary
- 2013: Das Exponential, organised by Ausarten, Wien
- 2013: MOYA Annuale
- 2013: The Virtual World in Reality, Gallery Szatyor, Budapest
- 2012: Galerie Peithner-Lichtenfels: Hommage an mich, Vienna
- 2012: International ArtExpo: Hidden and Forbidden Identities, Italy Venice
- 2012: NUS 2012, Split
- 2011: Gallery Stephan Stumpf: Die Verführkraft schöner Kunst,Munich
- 2010: Degree Art London
- 2010: Nord Art, Büdelsdorf
- 2010: Wir leben und arbeiten in Wien, Area 35, Vienna
- 2009: Nőnem/Women, Erdei Ferenc Cultural Center, Kecskemét
- 2008: Embodyment, Academy of Fine Arts, Aula,Vienna
- 2007: Gallery Exner, POP 07, Vienna
- 2006: GalleryExner, Junge Sommer,Vienna
- 2006: Ernst Museum Dorottya Gallery, Budapest
- 2005: IZD Tower, Devil and Garcia Pozo,Vienna
- 2005: MOYA (Museum of Young Art): New Romantics,Vienna
- 2005: Art Position, Ottakringer Brauerei, Vienna
- 2005: Selfportait UK 14-19, Touring exhibition: Sunderland Museum & Winter Gardens, Manchester Art Gallery, National Museum & Gallery Cardiff, Peterborough Digital Arts Museum & Gallery, The New Art Gallery Walsall, National Portrait Gallery London, London Underground
- 2004: Brick Lane Art: Art In Mind, London
Achievements & Awards
2014: Roter Teppich für junge Kunst Vienna, Anrkennungspreis 2007: Second Life Architecture Award: Best 40 2006: Scholarship of the Summeracademy Salzburg