DegreeArt.com are exclusively recruiting for Sales Professionals in London.
As a leading art gallery we are seeking an experienced sales advisor to drive profitably into our gallery. The new sales advisor will act as a lead generator, developing relationships with existing and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will be results driven, experienced in one to one sales, passionate about artwork and interior design and be able to use initiative by following up on enquiries and leads.
The candidate will have the ability to liaise with key stakeholders, whether that be organisations, interior designers, clients, consultants and artists in order to generate leads and sales. The chosen candidate will show creativity and forward thinking in ways to develop their individual client base whilst assisting the Gallery Director and company co-founders with ongoing and new projects.
A background in art isn't essential however an appreciation is expected. An understanding of the luxury goods market will need to be demonstrated and a keen eye for interiors and complimentary furnishing and finishing will also need to be shown. Ideally the candidate will come with a proven track record of working to and exceeding high targets. (This is a must).
A current, working knowledge of Microsoft software is essential and an ability to quickly pick up new packages including Cloud based storage (Google Drives, Dropbox). Ideally the candidate will have Photoshop and or Illustrator skills and knowledge of creating e-newsletters on Mailchimp and proposals. Smartphone understanding is also ideally required as this is a role that will require access to emails to be in communication with the team.
The role is based in London and your hours 10-6 Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend days and evening overtime required for events or client viewings.
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 + ote
- Meet with clients in and around the London area, pitching artworks and proposals
- Support the Gallery Director and company Co-Founders
- To build upon the gallery's existing client base, emailing and keeping in contact with clients on a regular basis, inviting customers to relevant events and keeping them aware of new works by artists
- To curate new collections on the website and pitch new sales angles to directors
- Manage weekly direct client and journalist marketing including regular Mailchimp send outs and proposal creation
- Arrange private viewings at the gallery for new and existing clients
- To represent the company at Art Fairs and offsite events working to high targets for the events.
- Strong client development, client-facing and communication skills
- You will be hardworking and motivated by a target led role
- Excellent IT literacy and numerical skills
- Ability to close sales leads and knowledge of invoicing systems
- Experience of working to and meeting targets, to ensure that gallery targets are met
- To come up with new creative solutions to pitch sales ideas to gallery director
- Eye for detail
- Smart and presentable
- Demonstrate excellent telephone manner
In addition you must:
- Be a team player - sounds obvious but understanding and complimenting the dynamic will be essential
- Be able to quickly learn and use the company’s website to add and manage content and use our CRM system
- You will need to get acquainted with a large database of represented artists and their artwork as well as price points
- Have a good, working understanding of social media in an organisation
- Have a strong background in sales
- Have an appreciation of art and design and keep up to date with relevant news
- Have good written English and grammar
- Access to an amazing portfolio of artists
- Additional bonus scheme available
If this sounds like the role for you and you have the necessary skills and experience. Then please apply with your CV & supporting covering letter to Chantelle May Purcell
Whilst we endeavour to reply to each application received, due to the volume received, this isn’t always possible. If you don’t hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 / year, after a month's probation £22,000 + ote
- Sales: 2 years - after graduation
- Customer Relations: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 /year
- Art And Design: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Sales: 1 year
- Sales Management: 1 year
- Consulting: 1 year